Fees: Àjé wellnest uses a sliding scale and conversation with prospective guests to navigate payment for services. I am currently working on an easy-to-use fee chart to help you determine what you can pay for my support.. You may or may not choose to utilize the sliding scale and in the event that you choose not to use my scale, your fees will be based on full price. (Paying full price is always helpful to help balance my income and expenses for people who cannot pay full cost). My fees do not include any services not performed by me, including your healthcare provider fees, consultation, ultrasounds, or visits to other outside providers.
Additional expenses may include:
- travel expenses,
- for additional requested home visits or non-routine visits,
- long distance expenses (mileage)
- Extra services: herbal remedies, essential oils, all extra services
Insurance: I am not contracted as an in or out of network provider with any insurance company. I cannot bill insurance companies for you at this time, thus you are responsible for paying for all services provided by me.
Deposits: A non-refundable minimum deposit/reservation fee of $75-100.00 is required to begin support services. A non-refundable minimum deposit/reservation fee of $75.00 is required for any ‘extra services’ calculating over $250.00 and this fee is due at the initial visit to begin services.
No deposit/reservation fee is required for any service under $100.00.
Payment Plans/Due : At any time you can pay your entire bill. After deciding which sliding scale fee makes sense for us to work together, a deposit of $75-100 is due, along with a signed copy of this letter of agreement to reserve my offerings for your brilliant journey. The remaining balance can be paid in installments of 50%, 30% and 20% balances, which are due by your 37th week (negotiable). I will send payment plan invoices 1 week prior to each visit. The deposit fee is non-refundable unless there is some unforeseeable emergency on my part that prevents me from attending your event. In this case, you will be refunded 40% of the total cost (see return policy below). If I am not called to attend, or given adequate notice to attend, I will not provide a refund. Invoices will be sent via email, unless another format is desired and communicated.
Extra Service under $100.00 the payment is due in full at time of service.
Arrangements can be agreed upon for any amount and written in the alternate/additional arrangements in the financial agreement, please see stipulations for non-refundable deposits and Interest fees.
The non-refundable minimum deposit/reservation fee, a portion of your total fee that is not refundable and cannot be refunded should care end or for any reason.
If services are terminated during the prenatal period or for any extra service performed, for any reason; All fees will be itemized for each service performed by Meager Beginnings and You will be required to pay any remaining balance on itemized charges.
If you have paid in advance, a refund may be issued to you for any amount paid in excess of the total of itemized charges.
As your companion, I prefer to work together as a team to provide you and your baby’s care and or service. Sometimes special circumstances do not allow a doula to be present. The following policies apply:
- In the event of an emergency hospital transfer or cesarean birth: If this happens and the hospital staff does not allow me to go with you or be present, I have fulfilled my commitment as your companion to ensure a safe delivery and no refund will be issued
- No refund will be issued should the companion be unable to attend the delivery due to unforeseen circumstances and a back-up doula (if available) is sent in their absence
- The companion will make every attempt to arrive as quickly and safely as possible, but delayed arrival due to unanticipated poor traffic, accidents or weather conditions is not grounds for a refund
- No refund will be given if the companion arrives after the delivery as a result of delayed notification of labor status or a precipitous (very quick) delivery, or if the companion is not called to attend the delivery
- A partial refund may be given if the doula fails to respond to calls in a timely manner or, in the event of illness or attendance at another birth, or is unable to send a backup companion in their place
What is a tip? A tip is beyond your total bill and should be calculated as a percentage of your total bill as follows: 10% usually means you aren't totally happy, 15% usually means all was acceptable, 20% for excellent, over 20% for outstanding.15-20 percent is considered standard in most communities.
Tips do not have to be monetary. They can show up as: music, food, supplies, oils, fresh herbs, veggies, fruits, jams and jellies, breads, gift certificates, night’s out, tickets to events, hotel rooms, furniture, books, clothing, baby items, hair accessories, photos, beautiful cards, awesome testimonies and various other things.
Financial agreement: All clients are required to sign a financial agreement with Aje Wellnest prior to starting services.